Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Brigham City Temple Dedication

The temple dedication was a neat experience I hadn't ever had the opportunity to attend one but it was so neat that the first one I was able to attend was the temple in our area.  The Brigham City Temple is an important temple to me because of all the opportunities it has gave me so far and will bring me more.  I loved being able to watch them fill in the corner stone and laughed when Boyd K. Packer did a little and they asked him to do more and he said no.  I loved when President Checketts spoke and said last night in the cultural celebration you guys promised me you would come to the temple and I can't wait to see you there.  I am so excited to be able to attend the temple as often as I can and take advantage to be so lucky to have a temple so close to us! We are truly lucky and blessed to have the Brigham temple in our lives.  I loved standing up after the wonderful dedicatory prayer and raising our white hankies and said the phrase that they gave us then singing the spirit of god that song is one of my favorite hymns and I felt the spirit so strong as we sang it.  I was so happy to see Boyd K. Packer be able to be there and dedicate it... He said how grateful he was to be there and that a couple of years ago when they announced this temple that all he did was prayed that he would be alive to dedicate it and sure enough he might not of been the healthiest but he was there and did an amazing job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment