Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Box Elder County Fair

Another great year at the good ol' box elder county fair! Weeks worth of lamb barn fun, rodeos, food, and band stand entertainment. I started off the fair week on Tuesday night over at the team branding one of my favorite things to go watch all night long...Wednesday morning bright and early we headed out to wash our lambs and load up to weigh them in mine was on the smaller side weighing 120 lbs.  We had a cute little girl in our group that her lamb was 3 lbs under the weight so we spent a hour or so trying to get it to eat find a heavy halter and give it lots of water after the long proccess I have never seen a little girl go from tears to jumping for joy when they told her that it weighed 110 lbs... Wenesday afternoon we headed to JC diner for a birthday lunch for my grandma JaDene who turned 60 had a great lunch...I had the chance to help sammi smart get all prettied up for her first time dancing in the parade because natalie was sick with kidney stones...I love having the opportunity to be able to do sammis hair she looked so cute and did amazing in the parade.  It has become a tradition kind of in our family to always go to the bulls broncs and barrells...It was so much fun and exciting.. Wytten got to come in his wranglers that uncle dixon bought and the plaid shirt me and carlie picked out he fit right in with all the cowboys...! Wednesday night is when all the butterflies started to settle in for the show... Thursday morning came fast we headed out early so we could watch conner kutter and kooper all show there pigs they all did awesome and got star choice.. I was especially proud of conner he worked so hard every night walking his pig and got so attached he didn't panic one bit he got out there and just stole the show and did amazing:) It then came time for me to show I did a pretty good job my lamb could have used a bit more muscle but thats my fault to blame I kind of forgot this year that I had a lamb and focused more on a little blessing I recieved my little wytten jay.. But overall I ended up 3rd in my class right behind the star choice.  After the show we did fitting and it was fun I love fitting I don't do great because I'm left handed so the way I do it technically isn't right and its backwards as the judge would say I'M SCREWED!! ha but I still ended up placing 5th out of grade 9th-12th and got a few tips from the judge that could help..He said next year we could bring my salon chair and find an ugly lady instead of a dirty lamb and I could give her a makeover haha!! They also did an open division for adults and since my grandma turned 60 she decided to try something new as long as she didn't have to touch the lamb with I had it on video we were laughing so hard... Thursday night we went to the rodeo again with the family and then hung out in the lamb barn and talked with some friends... Friday I baby sat wytten out at the fair and helped with the prize table for the showmanship since my parents are now on the comittee and was incharge... Friday night me and camisha decided last minute to go to the rodeo again and had a good time! Saturday was the day of the big sale lambs sold last so it was a little bit of a wait... I got there pretty early and sat all the way through the sale that ended at 6:30 pm I sold my lamb for 825$ and had a fun time using my dads work ticket to buy shaunies lamb for 1350$ After a day in the auction we headed over to the rodeo for the final night of the fair.. My dads work sponsored the bull riding so we had tickets behind the shoots with the cowboys to go eat dinner with them all it was so yummy and saw some pretty good lookin cowboys:) All in all it was a good fair week





No comments:

Post a Comment