Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Dream Come True

A dream is the wish your <3 makes....The Dream that I have dreamt since I was a little girl has come true!!! I have always loved doing hair and nails..It all started when my mom had surgery on her hands and couldn't do my hair and so I started doing my own hair at a young age...from then on I just grew a love to do hair and nails and decided I wanted to make a career in Cosmetology! At age 13 I had the opportunity to go to a pierless hair show with Heidi Hurlbert... Many doors opened there for me... I met the one and only big sexy; went to many coloring classes; acrylic, shellac, and gel nail classes, hair extension class, and hair cutting class.  After attending all these amazing classes that the professionals put on I was ready to start buying stuff to start practicing... My first purchase was a mannequin head which I started out practicing many up doos and hair styles.. from the lots of practice I was asked to do a few girls hair for high school dances and little girls up doo for a flower girl... You dont even know how proud I was of my self that at a younger age I was already using my styling talents.. My next purchase was a artificial nail kit which I had never tried and thanks to my willing sisters they were tough and let me try it out I might have gave them a few cuts from fileing... I then decided it was time for a fake practice hand where I got lots better and had the opportunity of doing my sisters nails for her wedding pictures...I then decided to buy a UV Shellac lamp and the shellac products which lots of people though was so cool cause it was a new thing no one around her did...I then decided I wanted a salon in my room so between my birthday and christmas I got a vanity, trolley cart, and hyrdaulic salon chair, my own CHI and other curling irons, hair products, and lots of the little supplies.  I now have currently been doing the glitter gel nails on myself, family, and friends...Now that everything leading up to this point is typed......................I am starting Cosmetology School in a week and a half...This is on of the most AMAZING opportunities I have gotten not very often do they let a junior into the program but I was lucky enough to have all my credits needed and am able to go brigham 3 hours a day to the BATC cosmetology school...Words cannot describe how excited I am to start...I have never been so excited for school to start before...Thanks to my family for all that they have done to make something this big happen and always pushed me to not give up on my dream...Also shout out to my grandma marlene for always letting me style her hair for her when i'm at her house and excited for me to go...She always says will you please find out a way to make my hair look thicker?? Grandma I'm on my way to finding out...Grandma Connie is also always telling me how excited she is so I can start doing roller sets on her and is always telling me how beautiful my hair is and she want her mouse fur to look like mine trust me grandma it always look great but we will figure something out...My aunts Shari, Meagan, Valyn always willing to just let me have fun with there hair between curling or doing different types of braids... Khloe and Gracie my cute little cousins who always let me do makeovers on them... I see a new hair style and they jump right in to let me try it out on them...To my sisters and mom for giving me there hands and toes when I want to do nails... And last but not least to my dad who lets me cut his hair... It's not that hard of a hair cut but its still practice:) Thanks again to those who are making this happen...I know I have your support through the thick and thin...I definetly know I won't have a hard time getting models to come down to school!!!
Some of the first things I tried on the mannequin





Practicing on the parents




Up doo for flower girl
 hair, make-up, photo shoot
 Hair
Carlies Acrylic nails for her wedding pictures
 Glitter nail overlay
 Gel nail tips
 Acrylic overlay
 Glitter nail overlay

The picture above of the mannequin show before pictures the next few are of my first hair cut after pictures not gonna lie I was pretty proud...Cut about 6 inches off into a-line and straight across bangs







No comments:

Post a Comment