Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

Wisdom Teeth

So the day came the 1st of August 2014 that the dentist thought I needed to loose my wisdom.  My teeth were all growing in and so it was best to get them out before it caused damage to my other teeth. I didn't go in for surgery till 11 a.m. it seemed like the time was never gonna come I was scared to death and super nervous. We drove over to logan to the logan oral surgery where Dr. Matson was going to perform the surgery.  We got all checked in and my mom and dixon left me and I was took back in my heart was beating I was super nervous.  I know I'm a wimp... Anyways they hooked me up the the EKG and suddenly it starts going crazy and beeping they were in a panic thinking something was wrong and after about five minutes they figures out they had placed the two things backwards.  They then got that under control and prepped me for the IV they had to dig for a minute hurt the worst out of all the IV's I've gotten in the past.  Once the medicine started pumping through me I remembered my cousin kooper saying his butt itched I thought he was just being funny cause he was still loopy but holy hannah I felt like I had ants in my pants and I think they knew I felt that way cause they said they all knew that feeling and it wasn't fun.  After that its all a blur up til the point that somehow I walked to another room for recovery don't ask me how cause I don't remember it... It took a total 30 minutes from start to finish and we were headed home.  We had to stop at smiths to fill my prescriptions.  My mom ran in and left dixon in the car alone with me when I then broke into a mental breakdown I think dixon was scared he called my mom and told her to hurry.  I then cried non stop and it was because I didn't think I could swallow... We then had to run to my dads work where I was laying down and one of shaunies tongan friends who works there had no clue I had just got out of surgery and ran up and opened the door to scare me needless to say I think I scared him.  I also saw a syringe the dentist gave my mom and started crying again thinking I was going to have to get another shot.  We then luckily headed home where I layed down and slept till the anesthetic wore off. I hated having to have bloody gauze in my mouth all day it was nasty.  I  instantly swelled up as you will see in the pictures I was swelled and bruised for about a week.  I was no longer marlie I was called theodore.  My family told me many not so funny jokes like... Marlie you can swallow your food we will feed you again tomorrow.. or Is there room for marlies cheeks.  I also got my teeth out on friday and started back to school monday it made for some very long days and didn't help with the pain by any means but glad to have them gone and not have to go through that again I still don't think ice cream, mashed potatoes, or jello look appetizing I was so happy to be able to ear real food!!!















1 comment:

  1. nice article and nice pictures ,it is too informative i like it and thanks for sharing.please visit my site alsoyahoo forgot password help

    ReplyDelete