Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

34 Week Update

Yesterday we hit the 34 week mark... I honestly didn't expect to celebrate 34 weeks like we did... All day Saturday I was very uncomfortable with a few little back pains.  As the night approached I got more and more uncomfortable not being able to sleep and little back pains turned into constant pains as well as my lower stomach/pelvic area started cramping up...I woke up and me and & ej started to get ready for church but pains continued to get worst so we decided to go to the ER and get checked just to be safe.  They admitted me straight into the labor and delivery and hooked me up to all the monitors.  Baby's heartbeat was perfect nothing was wrong with her which is great.  I was showing that I was having little contractions.  From there they decided to check me to make sure I wasn't dilating the nurse didn't even know if she would be able to check me due to only being 34 weeks the cervix is usually very high still... to her surprise baby was very low and I was dialated to a (1 cm) and I am starting to soften (not exactly sure what she meant by that)  I also was very dehydrated so they decided to give me some IV fluids to help and see if that would stop the few little contractions after getting the fluids and laying in the bed relaxing they slowed down.  Dr. Miller felt where they had slowed down I was safe to be discharged.  They told me to take things slow and just make sure to time my pains so they don't get to close together.  I am glad that's all that was happening me and ej were't ready to have a baby yet we want her to cook a few more weeks.  I have a follow up Appt. with Dr. Miller next week and we will check again to see if my body is still dilating.  Until then I am trying to take things easy and not go crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment